On Thursday 14th December, Circus Berzercus put on a fantastic show for the children in the Early Years. ‘Wallace’ and ‘Gerald’ entertained (and wowed) us with their funny antics, amazing juggling, tuneful bell ringing, incredible illusions and awesome uni-cycling. Some of the children and staff were even called upon to assist, which they did brilliantly! Everyone was captivated; laughter filled the air and fun was had by all. Indeed, it was a fabulous way to conclude this year’s Christmas celebrations!
Thank you Circus Berzercus and merry Christmas!
We have been busy designing and sewing Roman banners for our DT project but with a twist… The banner could include a Roman symbol or it could represent us! The designs varied from Roman numerals to initials, hobbies to favourite animals.
It is the first time a lot of the children have learnt to use a running stitch and blanket stitch and it was a bit fiddly at first, but they have got better and better as the week went on. They are all very proud of their finished product and would like to do more sewing in future!
Merry Christmas to all our Year 3 children and their families
We are looking forward to a break with our families and enjoying the festivities.
We have some suggestion of activities you might wish to share as home learning over the holidays.
1. Watch a Christmas film as a family.
2. Read a Christmas story together.
3. Write a thank you letter to someone who gave you a gift.
4. Go for a walk to get some fresh air, maybe feed the ducks some healthy chopped cabbage leaves.
5. Play a board game with your family.
6. Help out around the house as much as you can.
7. Get to bed early on Christmas Eve! ( and try not to get up too early too.
Please continue to learn the words for Carols in the Playground and create opportunities for your child to read regularly. Home Learning for the Christmas holidays will be put on the blog next week.